Global Local Gourmet is a community supported kitchen. We empower people through culinary education. Creating interactive programs and events around an appreciation of delicious food and lifestyle, we inspire sustainable communities through the pursuit of epicurean pleasure. With our partners, our goal is to show the interconnectedness of our world through food and culture while promoting business practices that respect the environment and each other.
1. To support and promote regional farmers, food businesses, cultural institutions, small businesses, and other entrepreneurial enterprises which promote gastronomical and cultural endeavors in a conscientious and steward-like manner to ensure the viability of local food and increase its accessibility and consumption through fair trade;
2. To excite the five senses of taste, smell, sight, touch, and hearing through our delightful interactions with food and culture consequently using our events and programs as local food marketing devises to engage a varied and eclectic mix of constituents;
3. To increase the knowledge and understanding of local and healthy food purchasing, preparation, and preservation amongst eaters through our food systems education to empower our members and facilitate change in their menus by forming a personal relationship with real foods through hands-on cooking, farm, and market experiences;
4. To contemplate and participate in healthy living while creating products that are wholesome, delicious, and convenient to use;
5. To experience diversity by involving ourselves in authentic and new experiences;
6. To learn about endangered species, old food practices, and the historical evolution of cuisine; to preserve this information, for further generations to appreciate and understand our food’s connection with the past and present and help us formulate solutions to make nourishing, home cooked meals a reality in our busy lives;
7. To facilitate experiential moments that engages us with art, community, and culture;
8. To connect with the universe by seeing our humanity in each other and with the environment using cooking to connect us to the source of our food by focusing on seasonal ingredients and diverse cuisines;
9. To encourage the recycling, reuse, and reduction of waste in our programs and events; and
10. To seek to understand as we seek being understood in the spirit of empathy, harmony, and unity; deepening a connection to family, friends, and community through cooking and epicurean pursuits.